Holidays & Travel

121 Care - Holiday Accomodation

121 Care provides support for people with a disability on the Sunshine Coast, South Burnett, Brisban [ ... ]

Other Articles

Vale David Sullivan

I am sorry to advise that David Sullivan longtime committee member and past president of PwMS Vic Inc, and one of the longest serving MS Ambassadors, died peacefully in his sleep on Friday 13th January after an extended battle with cancer. David put a great deal of effort into the cause of people with MS and people with chronic disabilities. In addition to his work for  MS David was also a long term member of the executive committee of Australians for Disability and Diversity Employment. David was a truly gentle man and a close personal friend. He had lived with MS for nearly 30 years. He will be remembered as someone who put aside his own trials to focus on working for people with MS.
Nigel Caswell - President PwMS(Vic) Inc.



Help for people with disability, illness or injury who cannot use public transport without substantial assistance, currently $91.80 a fortnight.  To receive the Mobility Allowance you must be working, training or volunteering at least 32 hours per month (volunteering must be for a Charitable Institution).  Qualification can entitle you to a health care card.


A supplementary payment for carers for someone with a disability or medical condition, or who is frail aged. The Carer Allowance (for caring for a person 16 years or over) is $121.70 per fortnight.  If you are receiving a Carer Allowance payment on 1 July each year, you will also receive an annual Carer Supplement of up to $600 for each person in your care who qualifies you for the Carer Allowance. (Information; Ph. 13 27 17)



An income support payment for people who personally provide constant care in the home of someone with a severe disability, illness, or who is frail aged; approximately $776.70 single (per fortnight); couple $585.50; each. If you receive a Carer Payment on 1 July each year, you will also receive a Carer Supplement of $600 for that year. 

Note 1; If you qualify for a Carer Payment, you may be entitled to a range of other payments and services:

Note 2; the Carer Payment is subject to an income & assets test and to work or study limits.

Check with Centrelink.

WATER AND SEWERAGE CONCESSION: (available only to holders of pension concession card, Health-care card or DVA Gold card). This concession provides a 50% discount off water and sewerage charges up to an annual maximum. For 2014-2015 this maximum is $291.00. Customers who are billed for a single service, for example, water only, will receive 50% off water charges up to a maximum of $$145.50.

For information contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 or your water provider to register and have concessions automatically deducted from your bill.

RATES AND PROPERTY CONCESSIONS: The Department of Human Services (DHS) and other agencies offer a variety of concessions and benefits to eligible cardholders to assist low-income Victorians with housing bills. For example the Municipal Rates Concession provides a 50% discount off council rates up to a yearly maximum of $ 208.00 in 2014-2015 If you have a relevant concession card, you may be eligible for one of these concessions.

For more information: Tel: 1800 658 521 / (03) 9096 6122   email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


DENTAL SERVICES – 1300 360 054

Dental Health Services Victoria provides emergency and general dental care, through public dental clinics, for adult holders of eligible cards; and free dental treatment for all primary and some secondary school-aged children of a concession cardholder.  Cardholders should phone 1300 360 054 for their nearest adult dental clinic or school dental service. 

Note; All other primary school students may access the service, but a fee is payable if the parent is not a concession cardholder.



The stamp duty concession provides a full exemption from stamp duty for cardholders purchasing property up to $330,000 in value. A sliding scale of partial exemptions is available for properties with a value of more than $330,000, but not more than $750,000 (effective from 1 July 2011). How to apply: 

An application form is available from the State Revenue Office:  Phone: 13 2161 Web:


Changes to the PBS co-payment and safety net:

In line with consumer price index patient co-payments and safety net amounts have been revised;

+ Co-payments have increased from$36.90 to $37.70

+ Concession co-payments have increased from $6.00 to $6.10 and

+The safety net thresholds will also increase by 10%.




AustralianHearing 131797

Provideafullrangeofhearingservicesforchildrenandyoungpeopleupto the age of21(freeofcharge)andeligible adults.



Women’s Health Goulburn NE- 03 57223009;  provides no interest loans ofupto$2000towomenonlowincomeswho haveexperiencedfamilyviolenceinthepasttwelvemonthsandwhoare livingin theHumeregion; and nointerest loansofupto $2000towomenon low incomeswho live intheHumeregion and havelived atthe currentaddressforthe lastsix months


NILS no interest loans;   is a community based organisation which providesinterestfreeloansforindividualsorfamiliesonlow incomestobuy essential household items; [these may include fridges, washing machines televisions,bedsetc]. Theloansmayalsobeusedfor health aidsoreducation costs.GototheGoodShepherdwebsitetofindyourlocalNILSservice.To beeligibleyouneedahealthcarecard,PensionCardorbeofgenuinelylow income.

Loans are normally limited to $1200 (more in special circumstances) and efforts are made to ensure repayments are manageable

Motor Vehicle Registration Fee Concession:

VicRoads 13 1171 ; Ifyouholdoneofthefollowingconcessioncards,PensionerConcession Card,HealthCareCard or aDVA GoldCardyoumay be eligiblefor a concession on your vehicleregistrationwhen buyingacar registeredinyour nameor when payingyourcarregistrationfee.Youcanalsopay6 monthly insteadof annually.

Electricity Concession

Thisconcessionprovidesa17.5%discountoff mainselectricitybillsallyearround.If youholdaPensionerConcession Card,HealthCareCard or aDVA GoldCard ringyourelectricitysupplier and give your card number over the phone.  Checkyourbilltoensurethatyouare receivingallthecorrectconcessions.Ringyourelectricitysupplierandask,if you are not sure of your entitlements.

Non-mainsWater Concession:

VictorianConcessions InformationLine 1800 658 521

This assistsconcession cardholderswhoarenotconnectedtomainswaterwiththecostsof purchasingnon-mainswaterfordomesticusagee.g.buyingcartedwaterfor rainwater tanks.Ringtheinfolinefor moredetails.


Postage Stamps Concession

Australia Post provides concessions stamps for domestic mail only. For more information on eligibility and how to apply visit any Post Office, or contact Australia post Customer Service on 13 13 18 or go to

For further informationon victorian concessions:

Please visit the Department of Human Services website: or contact the Concessions Information Line (toll free) 1800 658 521.  Request a booklet on “Victorian concessions” A guide to discounts and services for eligible households in Victoria, to be posted to you.


For those of you on internet:

for an in depth view of all up to date entitlementsplease go to the following link

Copyright © 2017 People with MS Victoria Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.